In life things go south, north, west, east all kinds of places and will try to draw you with it, but you have to remain grounded in your values.
What are your values?? money, success, truth, life, loyalty, love e.t.c pardon me if i didn't state yours...
All these can take you places don't get me wrong. The movies, t.v. shows you watch, the music you listen to, the books you read, advertisements, anything our eyes and ears are exposed to scream out values in which you can imbibe or do away with.
But i have a question: when all is truly said and done and we face our maker what would you say you did with your life? Did those values stir you in the right direction? Did they enable you make better decisions in life? Or do you not have any values and allow friends and the world to dictate how you live?
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I believe and I follow the values laid out by Jesus Christ and only He gives me the strength to live the right way. I can't live by the values He set on my own. When I have tried to live by it on my own I have failed miserably. I never was always a follow of Jesus Christ, I used to live by the worlds rules and it hasn't gotten me anywhere else. I'm not saying I'm there yet with living by these values but through prayer and trust in God i am trying my best.
So i challenge you today look at the values you live by test them then ask yourself am I living the right way? are these values mine or my friends??
If they do and are not grounded in Jesus Christ I urge : "o taste and see that the lord is good"
If they don't and are not grounded in Jesus Christ I urge: "o taste and see that the lord is good"
I write this out of love for whoever reads this because when the end comes there are no more decisions to make. I pray that you and I will taste and see that the Lord is good and stay grounded in Him and in his love.
Kind regards
The Lakebloke
No comments:
Post a Comment